Get excited for a sparkling evening of one-of-a-kind performances, gourmet hors d'oeuvres, dancing, drinks, and an exciting silent auction.
Thursday, March 10th, 2016, 7:00pm - 10:00pm at the Grout Museum in Waterloo.
BCCV will be performing:
- Puttin’ on the Ritz - by Irving Berlin, arranged by Kirby Shaw
- Mood Indigo - world premiere, by Duke Ellington, arranged by Peter Roberts
- What shall we do with a drunken sailor - world premiere, traditional English sea shanty, arranged by Joseph Carey
BCCV small groups will be performing:
- Take O Take Those Lips Away - by Robert Pearsall
- My Bonnie Lass She Smelleth - by PDQ Bach
- Chili Con Carne - by The Real Group
- Georgia On My Mind - by Stuart Morrell and Hoagy Carmichael, arranged by Gene Puerling
- And So It Goes - by Billy Joel - arranged by Bob Chilcott for The King's Singers
- Run To You - by Pentatonix
BCCV individuals will be performing:
- Elizabeth Nelson, soprano - Je suis titania from Mignon
- Matthew Rector and Amanda Bridges - Clopha - by Scott Joplin - arranged for 4-hand piano by Maurizio Machella
- Jessica Lieb, mezzo - Good enough by Evanescence
- Cassidy Atchison, alto - Darryl is a Boy by Michael Mitnick
- Jae Yates, cello - Sarabande from Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major by J.S. Bach
Our featured soloist, AnDréa Lene James will be performing:
- Glitter and be Gay - from Candide by Leonard Bernstein
- Think of Me - from The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber
The Boptastics, a jazz combo from UNI, will be accompanying Bel Canto on several pieces as well as playing a dance set for all of us to enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does "Black Tie Optional" mean?
If you want to wear a tuxedo or a fancy gown, this is your chance to break out the sequins! If sparkly gowns and neckties aren't your thing, wear what makes you feel comfortable! Just stay away from blue-jeans and short-shorts. :)
2. What else, besides fabulous music, will be at the Gala?
There will be gourmet hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and a silent auction.
3. Drinks? What kind of drinks?
There will be a variety of beer and wine available. Each guest will receive two drink tickets. Any additional drinks will be available as a cash bar.
4. This is a fundraising event, correct? What exactly will we be supporting?
The proceeds of this event will go to support BCCV's mission. This includes commissioning new choral works, collaborating with local musicians, and supporting local music education programs. These funds will help ensure that BCCV will become a permanent part of the Cedar Valley musical community by establishing financial security and helping us work towards creating an endowment.
5. How do I get tickets?
You may purchase tickets from any member of Bel Canto Cedar Valley. They are also available on our website here. If you are uncomfortable purchasing online, feel free to give Alice Pruisner a call at 641-781-9061. Tickets are $35 if purchased in advance, and $45 at the door.
6. Where is the gala?
The gala is at the Grout Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum. 503 South St. Waterloo, IA. (see map below)
7. Can't I just wait and hear these performances at your Spring Concert?
No! This is a one-time-only performance. If you've been waiting to hear BCCV perform more popular music, this is your chance!
8. Wait! You didn't answer my question!
Please email Stephanie Klemetson, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.